Test Name : Corrosion Testing
About the test :
With growing awareness of the losses due to corrosion, estimation of corrosion resistance of a material is necessary.
ELCA has a team of dedic ated personnel including senior metallurgists with over 30 years of experience in related fields who perform and monitor the corrosion studies to carry out the tests with utmost perfection.
ELCA can carry out a num ber of corrosion tests based on Indian and International standards like :
Inter-granular Corrosion (IGC) Test as per ASTM A 262 :
- Practice A : Oxalic Acid Etch Test
- Practice B : Ferric Sulphate - Sulphuric Acid Test
- Practice C : Nitric Acid Test
- Practice E : Copper - Copper Sulphate - Sulphuric Acid
- Practice F : Copper - Copper Sulphate – 50 % Sulphuric Acid
Salt Spray Test as per ASTM B-117
Copper Accelerated Acetic Acid salt Spray (CASS) Test
Humidity Tests -
For Testing Water Resistance of Coatings Using Water Fog Apparatus as per ASTM D1735 - 08 ASTM D-2247, etc.
Pitting and Crevice Corrosion Tests as per ASTM G-48
(Pitting and Crevice Corrosion Resistance of Stainless Steels and Related Alloys by use of Ferric Chloride Solution)
- Method A—Ferric chloride pitting test.
- Method B—Ferric chloride crevice test.
- Method C—Critical pitting temperature test for nickel-base and chromium-bearing alloys.
- Method D—Critical crevice temperature test for nickel-base and chromium-bearing alloys.
- Method E—Critical pitting temperature test for stainless steels.
- Method F—Critical crevice temperature test for stainless steels.
ASTM A-923 Corrosion Tests
(Detecting Detrimental Intermetallic Phase in Duplex Austenitic/Ferritic Stainless Steels)
- Test Method A—Sodium Hydroxide Etch Test for Classification of Etch Structures of Duplex Stainless Steels
- Test Method B—Charpy Impact Test for Classification of Structures of Duplex Stainless Steels
- Test Method C—Ferric Chloride Corrosion Test for Classification of Structures of Duplex Stainless Steels
ASTM G 28 Corrosion Tests
(Detecting Susceptibility to Intergranular Corrosion in Wrought, Nickel-Rich, Chromium-Bearing Alloys)
- Method A, Ferric Sulfate-Sulfuric Acid Test
- Method B, Mixed Acid-Oxidizing Salt Test
ASTM G-35 Corrosion Tests
(Determining the Susceptibility of Stainless Steels and Related Nickel-Chromium Iron Alloys to Stress-Corrosion Cracking)
Chloride Stress Corrosion Tests as per ASTM G-36
(Evaluating Stress-Corrosion-Cracking Resistance of Metals and Alloys in a Boiling Magnesium Chloride Solution)
Hydrogen Induced Cracking (HIC) Test as per NACE TM-0284
Sulphide Stress Corrosion Cracking (SSCC) Test as per NACE TM-0177